Sunday, October 16, 2011

The war in Libya is almost over, but for ordinary people in District 2 of misery deepens Sirte

When the war came to the Libyan coastal city of Sirte, the birthplace of Muammar Gaddafi, Fajla Bey Sidi is the kind of choices that the poor have to deal with conflict.

Fajla, conductor of Mali who worked at the headquarters hospital Ibn Sana by government forces have announced their intention to Sirte, September, 3736 Libyan dinars owed him a small fortune. Thus, while others fled the city stayed with her five children, aged four months and nine years, and his wife and cousin.

His house was in District 2, in the middle of the last stronghold of fighters loyal pro-Gaddafi struck again yesterday with guns and anti-aircraft artillery. Until Friday, that is, when Fajla and his family escaped.

found her sitting next to a wall near the city hospital, not knowing what to do or where to go. "I left the hospital on September 15 the day the fighting started," he said. "I have not since. Came into Libya for 13 years to earn money. For 10 of these This, I worked as a tailor. During the last three years, I worked at the hospital. " He showed his card Ibn Sana. He was described as a pilot and a tailor.

"The only time I left my house was to get food for my children. I had a car from the hospital. After a while, I stopped the food to reach the shops. All the shops were closed, they said ".. Bring your family to the construction of security "Outside there was a place where you can buy food.

"We were at home with another family of three and Mali hid in the cellar. Almost every day I fell asleep and I hid in my house. I do not know what was happening outside.

"We were lucky. Nothing happened in our house. All the other houses around us were hit by bullets and missiles. Most of the houses were empty. They fired during the day, but not after seven o'clock. Then it was quieter.

"No water, but we had no electricity. I was not afraid for myself but for my children and my family. Every day, we talked of escape. My life was in the hands of God.

"Then three days ago the family was and never returned. So Friday, before seven o'clock, I left home and walked 100 meters. Nobody shot me, and he returned the family and left with the clothes on their backs. Then some soldiers of the government picked us up and took us here.

"I left Libya in February," he said sadly. "But I needed money."

Details of the conditions of civilians and soldiers in the fortress pro-Gaddafi last in the hands of fighters Gaddafi in Sirte District 2, a coastline of over 700 meters and often narrow and may be a mile long, are difficult to obtain.

Pocket

focused on this area is defined by a handful of benchmarks. At its western end is the season of television Sirte, with a pair of satellite dishes in ruins. Running east through the houses and villas open plan expansion of sand bordered by gray hulls of unfinished buildings before reaching the "skyscraper" - long feared by the commanders of the Government Affairs


The discovery of four groups of masses between 30 and 42, shot with their hands tied, suggested maliciously out executions in the area controlled by the forces of Gaddafi. At first it was believed that the fighters were captured by the government. Now it seems they were civilians of Sirte.

"They are not the katiba
[government militias]," said Dr. Mohammed Abdel Raouf, whom I met near line front pocket of the south. "The fighters went to see if the dead were among the missing and their bodies do not recognize. They were divided into groups. There was a group who had dark skin and another group with the skin. Some had green jacket the military. He had between 18 and 35-40, but not seen in their faces.

0 comments:

Blog Archive