U.S. Secretary of State to ensure even face to face meeting between Israeli and Palestinian leaders
The U.S. Secretary of State, John Kerry, left Israel on Sunday at the end of his fifth visit since March without obtaining the price of a face to face meeting between Israeli and Palestinian leaders, who was the first time in nearly three years.
After three days of intense shuttle diplomacy between Jerusalem, Ramallah and the Jordanian capital, Amman, Kerry said he had made progress, but there is still work to do.
had apparently hoped to convene a summit to four lanes - talking about negotiations - between Israel, Palestine, Jordan and the United States later this week, but makes no mention of this in a conference Press shortly before takeoff Brunei.
"I am pleased to say that we have made real progress on this path," he said. "And I think with a little more work, the start of negotiations on the final status could be at hand."
He added: "Road with very large spaces, and we have significantly reduced
"We have some specific details and work is ongoing, but I am absolutely certain that we are on the right track and all parties are working in good faith to achieve the right place."
Both parties were invited early to return to the region, he said. "I think your request ... is a sign that share a cautious optimism."
- Most observers are skeptical about the possibility of resuming serious negotiations, and many politicians also dismissive. However, both Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, have publicly stated that they are willing to sit with the others.
- The Palestinians want Israel to halt settlement construction as a sign of good faith that is willing to negotiate a border based on the pre-1967 Green Line. They argue that if Israel continues to expand its presence in the country is expected to form a future Palestinian state, border negotiations would be meaningless.
- also want the release of some 100 Palestinian prisoners who have been imprisoned since before the Oslo agreements there are nearly 20 years.
some 180 journalists have been locked out of his South Korean newspaper Hankook Ilbo, by the owner, Chang Jae-ku, for nearly two weeks.
staff was blocked by security guards at the entrance to his office on June 15 after some of them had filed a complaint with the Attorney Chang Seoul accused of "abuse of trust" paper handling.
According to the Korea Herald, he used force to expel two journalists who were already inside. Some staff members were dismissed, including the editor, Lee Young-sung.
journalists responded to the blockade by organizing a series of protests outside the offices and formed a committee Hankook Ilbo union of emergency, which issued a statement to the international press:
"This is not a simple dispute between a union and a company s'. The struggle of the 180 reporters and editors who gathered for the sole purpose of punishing the corrupt business owner attempting to exploit the writing system for their own personal gain, and to restore the legitimacy of Hankook newspaper Ilbo as authentic. "
press watchdog freedom Paris-based Reporters Without Borders issued a strongly worded statement in support staff:
- "We take no position on the origins and nature of the dispute between the employees and management of Hankook Ilbo, but deplores the illegal methods used by the owner, which constitute a flagrant violation of the right of journalists to report the news.
Find best price for : --Korea--
Unlike Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning, Brown is not a celebrity. However, after helping expose a dirty tricks plot, faces jail
Any attempt to reduce the huge U.S. surveillance device exposed by denouncing Edward Snowden will be useless unless the government and the companies are subject to greater control. The case of journalist and Barrett Brown is an example.
Brown made a splash in February 2011, helping them to discover "Team Themis", a project by contractors of information held by Bank of America to destroy the pirates known as anonymous society and journalists sympathetic silent as Glenn Greenwald (now with guard, but then with Hall). The campaign would have involved a collection of entrepreneurs: Booz Allen Hamilton, a multi-player and former intelligence industry employer Snowden, Palantir, a suit and funded PayPal inspiration that sells "data mining software and analysis of trace human social networks for against-espionage "and HBGary Federal, a candidate for council in the field of intelligence
history Themis team began in late 2010, when WikiLeaks Julian Assange said would release documents that describe an "ecosystem of corruption [which] could bring down a bank or two." S 'expectation that could be targeted for Assange, Bank of America has entered the mode of damage control and, as the New York Times, "a team of senior officials 15-20 Bank of America ... traveling thousands of documents if they are made public. "To oversee the review, the Bank of America Booz Allen Hamilton
few days later, Bank of America maintains the law firm and well connected of Hunton & Williams, reports that have been recommended by the Ministry of Justice. Hunton & Williams quickly email HBGary Federal, Palantir and Berico, but, in turn, "offer several plans to attack," WikiLeaks and Greenwald. In fact, Hunton & Williams had contacted the top three high-tech companies in October 2010, at the request of the Chamber of Commerce to see if it was attacked by the Union supported by union activists.
The new player, Aaron Barr, CEO of HBGary Federal has started to create personal folders employees Hunton & Williams to show its value as a means of social Ninja - way to convince your signature law that could form on the dangers of social networking. Barr was eager to generate revenue for its subsidiary in difficulty.
According proposal Team Themis, partners suggested the creation of false documents and false characters damaging progressive organizations as "ThinkProgress, the labor coalition called Change to Win, SEIU, United States . Camera Watch and StopTheChamber. com ". According to wire reports, the three companies plan to charge the Chamber of Commerce for $ 2ma month. However, even if (as emails leaks show) the parties to the plan came and went over how to share the spoils nothing came.
Then Hunton & Williams presented the proposed Bank of America, and HBGary Federal, Palantir and Berico in action. On December 2, three days after warning Assange, Aaron Barr developed the plan to launch "cyber attacks" on WikiLeaks.emails
high-tech companies "- which Anonymous hacked and Barrett Brown helped to publicize - tactics listed under:
"feed [ing] the fuel between the opposing groups. Disinformation. Creating messages about sabotage or discredit the opposing organization. Submit fake documents and then call the error."
also proposed "cyber attacks" using social media "to profile and identify risky behavior of employees" and "make people understand that if they support the organization we will get of them, "implying threats. There were also discussions of email attack journalists with a "liberal bias", specifically naming Greenwald. Some aspects of the proposal Themis team recalled a flight plan in 2008 against espionage against WikiLeaks Pentagon.
In early January, the emails from HBGary Federal shows plans for a meeting with Booz Allen Hamilton, apparently about plans Barr against WikiLeaks and Anonymous. At this stage, it is bought Barr scheme - as he boasted to the Financial Times, February 4, 2012, he had used Facebook, Twitter and other social networks to identify "leaders" of Anonymous
Barr believes that had attracted the interest of "the FBI, the Director of National Intelligence, and the U.S. Army." In fact, he had just made a marked man: two days later, as Wired reported, Anonymous "fell site [HBGary Federal] stole their e-mails, data removes society, or destroyed Twitter Barr and remotely wiped his iPad. "For his part, Brown has created PM Project", a variety of source wiki-based entrepreneurs government intelligence "to deepen through the tens of thousands of emails extracted from HBGary Federal servers.
A key element in the story refers to the fact that, according to one of the emails disclosed, the companies hope that "if you can show that Wikileaks organizes data in some countries will continue easier. "The hacked emails also revealed, Forbes reported that Barr hoped to sell information about members of Anonymous to the FBI. The fact that Barr was fueling the interest of security agencies with a record of alleged members of Anonymous that contain incorrect names meant that innocent people have been jailed if he had succeeded in his plan.
resigned Barr and HBGary Federal was then closed. But the story does not stop there. In July 2011, the Anonymous-linked "AntiSec" open Booz Allen Hamilton and won 90,000 e-mails. An indictment that grew out of the cache is that BAH had worked with HBGary Federal "to develop a software that allows you to create multiple fake social media profiles to infiltrate groups and manipulate the review sites and discredit people and to match the identity of the characters online offline. "
- are some of the nearly 2,000 private companies involved in the U.S. fight against terrorism, homeland security apparatus and intelligence. Although missing HBGary Federal, monitoring privatized the state continues to grow. The budget of the privatized intelligence alone is estimated at $ 56 billion.
- Given the revelations of domestic spying, Brown could tell a lot about the relationship between business and the state - except it was languished in a prison on the outskirts of Dallas, Texas, for 290 days, until two separate trials that could put on ice for more than 100 years. The U.S. government imposed Brown with 17 counts, including identity theft, theft of thousands of credit card numbers, hide the evidence, and "Internet threats."
- Ghappour Ahmed, Brown's lawyer, called the "judicial too far" charges and holds the majority are related to legitimate journalistic practices, such as cutting and pasting a link and refuses to give access to FBI its roots in a laptop, a "book now" Unlike the aggressive pursuit of Brown FBI, no probe team Themis project was launched -. despite a call from 17 U.S. representatives home to investigate a possible conspiracy to violate federal laws, including forgery, mail and wire fraud and fraud and related to the connection with computers activity Ghappour question.
Find best price for : --Barrett----Rolling----Director----Federal----Change----Barr----Aaron----Palantir----Williams----Hunton----WikiLeaks----Assange----Julian----Themis----Team----HBGary----Allen----Booz----Greenwald----Glenn----Anonymous----America----Bank----Brown----Edward--
Find best price for : --Dhaka--
- John Kerry reports progress on Middle East talks a...
- South Korean newspaper owner locks out 180 journal...
- How Barrett Brown shone light on the murky world o...
- Bike blog: The humble cycle making a comeback on D...
- Why Greenland's darkening ice has become a hot top...
- Turkish protests: John Kerry voices concern over p...
- ▼ June (6)
- ► 2012 (480)
- ► 2011 (633)