Sunday, June 19, 2011


24th about: Sri Lanka 54-1 (Thirimanne 27, Sangakkara 10; Sri Lanka 139 behind) Broad is now bowling with good rhythm, and like Nasser Hussain, says the commentary, mixing until well. He gets a whiff of Inswing Thirimanne against the batsman but it pushes into the legside. "Long Shot, but this is Adam Levine (18th over), a former African Prisons Project staff? I used to work there and the Nairobi prison reference has asked me ... I know this isn 't Cricket related know or particularly interesting but you think it would be an addition to the tradition of bringing people together to be OBO. "Ha! As if there is a requirement to be cricket related or of interest here?

23rd about: Sri Lanka 52-1 (Thirimanne 26, 9 Sangakkara, Sri Lanka 141 behind) Swann throws in the ball but Thirimanne arm, despite his earlier about discombobulation, it lifts. 'S run three overs without conceding a goal - determine how Scrooge McDuck' That \ s butt. Rick Morcom has the box saw \ and happily grabbed a crowbar "Danger Do Not Open": \. "Thanks for all the advice on groom and best man speeches given my daughter soon and removed as a continental-married father I 'm the speech I \ anxiety" can make. Especially since I 'm hardly in a position to say much without blubbering and choking. Any wise advice OBO? "I think the words" as "and" OBO "active resistance against each other in this movement, like magnets.

22nd over: Sri Lanka 52-1 (Thirimanne 26, Sangakkara 9; Sri Lanka are 141 behind)Never mind about Broad under doors - when the forces he retired hurt someone, that practically the same thing, right? After the top edge for four over the canyon region Thirimanne, Broad fires one in his body, the raising of the ball and canyoning in the Sri Lanka 's chest. Thirimanne she wears, but that was a terrible blow, and he calls for further treatment after delivery. Kudos though to go because he 's at bat. Broad now has a bowl full of breath, anxiety right with the batsman back into his crease. "Thank you for using Millings The Bedroom and Dance in the same breath, Alan," says Phil Sawyer generous. "I 'm already in touch Millings. Now I' m afraid next time I'll see his name in my inbox. Do I need to update my firewall. Trepan I must also try to get rid of those terrible ideas you 've painted. "Or it could be so much that it actually bearable will think when emotional numbness?

18th over: Sri Lanka 43-1 (Thirimanne 21, Sangakkara 9; Sri Lanka are 150 behind)

17th over: Sri Lanka 41-1 (Thirimanne 21, Sangakkara 8; Sri Lanka are 152 behind)

Thirimanne stuck around leaving dutifully for about 45 minutes on day one before finally being tempted and he's going to be in for a torrid time this evening, I'd say, as Tremlett pounds in to thunder the ball across his bows. This is an excellent line from Tremlett - sometimes he strays down leg to the left-handers. Jehosaphat! Those Garner comparisons from the other day aren't looking so fanciful, Tremlett getting the ball to spit like bacon dropped into a hot frying pan, nearly skinning Thirimanne's nose on the way through. That's a terrifying maiden.

Afternoon. The game will start in about 10 minutes, with 45 scheduled overs left in the day. To distract you for 8 minutes and 23 seconds after the interregnum, here 's the latest episode of Two Chucks, with the interview that no one else wanted could get, with crime fighter / Rose Bowl pitch invaders Batman and Robin.

Tea break: Alan will be here soon

Referral from England. Morgan lbw Lakmal

85th (48 98 Bell, Morgan) England 333-5: on Ed Packard has been made with the Big Ben Banjo Band: "After a slow first listen, I 'm Going to the Big Ben Banjo Band to rely on the loop, whenever I read the OBO from now on, because It seems a somewhat apt accompaniment for the crazy antics Smyth, Bull, McCourt (it will certainly be back?) et al. "How could he not return after more sparkling debut. It was as if one Ally Brown 'first ODI. And here 's Chris Taylor annoyed by the enthusiasm for science question: "When I was 14, my physics teacher went into the city on a piece of my homework, two sides of school notebook paper, write in red pen, told me everything about me. He finished by adding "It 's about time you owned up to your parents, what a boy you really are. "He also told me I could 't do practical work, and I could' t do work in theory, so I should just go and work in a shop. My love of science, then disappeared." Speaking of the Abbott textbook, someone ate in the year in his one act of defiance, ridiculous bet, etc. Morgan plays the recording of the pivoting on the back foot in a flash and draws four behind square.

84th (43 97 Bell, Morgan) England 327-5: on Another regular enters the confessional: "The recent garbage album I bought was Ultimate Euro Vision Party 2008, because it Hard Rock Hallelujah contains Lordi and Severine 's Un Banc, Un Abre, Une Rue I'. ve got a lot of this kind of thing that my apology that I 'm one of those people who still mix tapes (or their equivalent CD), especially for people to reach significant birthdays - 40th, 50 -. or wedding anniversaries receive all UK Number Ones from me on the day, 1953. This is very sad, of course, but it creates its own tension, like a lot of things get deleted pretty quickly, especially charity records. "play three good songs John Starbuck, and thou shalt give birth to us. Morgan 's play well when they off-stump of a foot bowl. Actually, he 's play well to the stuff outside off-stump left "Here'. Dave S on the juvenile Selve: Buy "Selve 's sent his elderly aunt to Electric Ladyland is a bit cheeky. Have you seen the cover? Of course the PC brigade had probably changed that. It had a special place in my record collection. The most embarrassing album was probably one of Faust, the name that escapes me. I bought it because it was to see-though vinyl in a clear shell. It sounded like how I imagine the microwave is parrot sounds. "

83rd (40 96 Bell, Morgan) England 323-5: on

Perera continues, slinging them down outside off stump and Bell opens the face Hussain-style to drive through point for two more. William Symonds tries to Jonah Bell: "Could this be the innings when Bell (a very fine batsmen who surely no longer worries about such things) finally sheds the tag of never being the first batsman to score a century, except against Bangladesh?" Nothing could possibly go wrong now, William, though Perera just hurries him up on the drive do he gets through his on-drive too early and slices it back to the bowler but he farms the bowling off the last ball with a deft cut for a single

76th over: England 291-5 (Bell 78, Morgan 26)

I said the game was listing, and now Mahela Jayawardene is on for an over before lunch. Bell and Morgan milk him, without disrespectfully attempting any fireworks. Perhaps that quickfire over was a sop to Ross Moulden: "This over rate is absolutely appalling (from Sri Lanka, not from you). The amount of time it takes when they change bowlers is ridiculous. Worth thinking about imposing the penalty runs suggestion that's been floating around for a while?"

This is listing a little at the moment, though I imagine the Rose Bowl crowd are just glad to see some cricket. We can amuse ourselves in other ways, eh, Ryan Dunne: "Surely Liz Hurley gets extra points for poshness? Just look at Samantha Cameron, whose official title should so be Queen of the MILFs. And, as for Liz v Patsy, surely Warney is far more sponge-worthy than Liam Gallagher or a fictional Mel Gibson?"

71st over: England 275-5 (Bell 70, Morgan 18)

69th over: England 268-5 (Bell 69, Morgan 13)Fernando continues, although its speed is press down well. On Sky, Nasser Hussain wonders why Sangakkara hasn 't used Herath, his lead instead of Slim Fast bowling resources before the arrival of the new ball. On a different but no less pressing subject, someone has a number of Vandelay Industries?

68th (12 69 Bell, Morgan) England 267-5: on We have a change at both ends as Thisara Perera arises. Morgan greets his arrival with a crisp punch down the ground for four. "Miss Kensit has to appear in one of the Lethal Weapon movies," said Alan Holmes, on a topic that I ken still don 't fully. And here 's Gary Naylor to extend, which is undoubtedly one cheap and dirty Solid Gold Reef: ". Re Mr. Dunne 's spot in the 52nd over, I would just over Liz Hurley Patsy Kensit place ... the chance"

This is watchful stuff, but the conditions to demand concentration. A solid partnership between these two could see England 200 ahead by some point in the evening session and with the possibility of forcing a result ... Meanwhile, that's another maiden. "While I have every sympathy for Rob not being able to make it in because he's unwell, does this really preclude him from doing his job? After all, instead of being sat in an office watching the cricket all day while on the internet, surely he'll now simply be curled up on the sofa watching the cricket all day while on the internet?" Simon Pegg's mate Nick Frost forgets that Smyth wouldn't be able to type if he was clutching his belly. Thinking, always thinking.

59th over: England 239-5 (Bell 56, Morgan 0)

49th about: Nothing has changed. It 's still 203-4. You really need a lot of patience to watch this sport don 't you? Daryl Vodder has roared. "Don 't worry about a lack of cricket knowledge-old boy. I guarantee you that at the end of the day, you' ll be with phrases such as 'laced it through the ceiling' and \ lost 'its off peg '. And I promise you' re not dirty. "

I 'm not sure I believe him. Can someone check these sentences for me please?

48th about: Jimmy Anderson has hit the limit. That 'sa 4 right? England are now 203 for 4th Stephen Armson 's favorite Seinfeld scene contains one of my favorite characters, Tim Whatley. It can be seen here.

Good morning all. I have just got the call to say that our resident over-by-over expert Rob Smyth is feeling unwell and so won't be able to make it in today. So until Alan Gardner reaches manages to reach the office, I'm afraid that you are going to left in the less than capable hands of myself. I know nothing about cricket other than it takes a few days and they're all scared of rain. So for the next hour or so, why don't we all talk about our favourite Seinfeld moments? I'll kick things off with a classic, when Kramer takes home the set of the Merv Griffin show.



0 comments: